This outcome has six required actions: All educators will . . .
1. Form and maintain collaborative teams
2. Gain awareness of the Characteristics of Effective Instruction (CEI)
3. Deepen their understanding of the Characteristics of Effective Instruction (CEI)
4. Strengthen district and building Professional Development (PD) plans
5. Engage in Professional Development in support of the Characteristics of Effective Instruction (CEI)
6. Implement appropriate elements of the Characteristics of Effective Instruction (CEI)
What is a PLC?
The “Working Units” of a Professional Learning Community are collaborative teams. For collaborative teams to be effective . . .
Then, Cedar Falls educators must…
1. Be guaranteed regularly occurring time to meet
2. Receive timely PLC training: roles, processes, expectations
3. Understand the Iowa Core, align the intended curriculum, and remain commit6ted to delivering a guaranteed and viable curriculum
4. Use student learning data and the Characteristics of Effective Instruction to increase achievement
5. Understand how their actions connect to the district’s mission
To help achieve the goal of improved student learning, the Cedar Falls Community School District is proposing the following plan for 2012-2013:
Secondary Schedule Proposal:
Elementary Schedule Proposal:
Please click here to bring you to the page for current PLC news.