Our primary focus is reflective in the words in our mission statement, “Educating each student to be a lifelong learner and a caring, responsible citizen.” We pride ourselves on providing tremendous educational opportunities for ALL students.
We accomplish this in several ways:
1. We have a tremendous staff that is among the finest in the nation. They are focused on educating all students to reach their highest levels. 52 percent of our staff have their Master’s Degree, which epitomizes their dedication to lifelong learning.
2. Our commitment to professional development fostered on Professional Learning Communities (PLC) provides a pathway to greater student success. Deep discussions on student data, pedagogies/teaching strategies, and collaboration are the key cornerstone for our PLC work to improve instruction and enhance student achievement.
3. We continue to enhance and explore options for 21st century school infrastructure. Facilities allow for better learning environments to teach and learn. The district has invested millions of dollars to continue to provide outstanding learning environments.
4. As seen in our mission statement, creating caring and responsible citizens is extremely important in the Cedar Falls Community School District. We work diligently with the community and provide students many opportunities to be involved in service learning, civic activities, and to foster responsibility regarding citizenship and giving back to the community.
5. Finally, it takes a village to raise a child. The community, and especially our parents, see the vital importance of excellent relationships, engagement, and focusing on the future to gain greater success. The strength of our district is reflective on the vitality and collaboration with our community and all stakeholders.
We know through the work of our staff, students, parents, and community we have a tremendous school system and we continuously strive to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact the Cedar Falls School District for more information.